Monday, September 9, 2013

We've Got Mail!

Ok, well, I tried to post a picture of the beautiful card, but for some reason I can't get it to load.

We got our first mail in our PO Box! You can't believe how excited I was to get it. It was a beautiful card with a butterfly on the front from our friends the Ericksons. They sponsored a puzzle piece and wrote us the sweetest note. Thank you so much Preston, Kristyn, and Bryce!

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Life has been crazy busy at work, and working two jobs, Justin getting layed off and us trying to figure out trade act and school stuff, and having family in town. We have been making a little progress on the adoption front, but we are nearing the end of what we have to do so it is slowing down.

Right now I am really anxious to schedule our interviews. However, in order to do that all of our references have to be turned in. We have half of them submitted. I am hoping by the end of the week all we will have left are our interviews. What we have remaining is 2 training classes which we are completing tonight, mail in the packet of off line documents, which I am hoping to do tonight, and then the 2 references we are waiting on. Can you believe we are so close! I can't believe it. It feels so weird though. I feel so many conflicting emotions. It seems like we have been trying to get all this done forever, but at the same time like it is going so quickly. I feel as though we are nearing the end, but also as though we still have forever to go. Also, I am super excited to have our homestudy done and approved, but at the same time that ends the biggest part where I have at least a semblance of control.

I of course do know that once our homestudy is approved birth moms can then start viewing our profile and selecting us to be the parents of their baby. I can't wait for that phase. We have no idea how long it will take, but we do know that the timing will be perfect because God is in control. I am having a hard time succumbing to His time table, but I am working on it. : ) I will also do my best to keep this updated more, but I am not sure how much I will have to write while we are "waiting". Thank you so much for your prayers and support. We couldn't do it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment