Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sleepover!


We got to have a sleepover with our nephews tonight! We had such a good time. We had pizza for dinner, watched Epic at the neighborhood activity, played at the park, and went to Dairy Queen for dessert. The boys seemed to have a good time and Justin and I loved getting to spend time with them. I have to say I love the feeling of having kids in the back seat as I run errands. I know I am weird.

One thing that kinda hit me and made me pause was how much they love me. I love them more than anything, other than their mom and dad and grandparents, but I can also tell they love me too. Justin and I were talking about this after they were in bed. It reiterated to us how it is possible for us to love and for our children to love us even though we will not be biologically related. These two beautiful boys are not ours, we don't see them every day, and we don't provide for all their needs and wants. However, we still love each other unconditionally, openly, and honestly.  It is hard to imagine how much that will be amplified when it is our children but we know it is possible and we can not wait. Also, we can't wait for our little one to get to have sleepovers with his/her cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment