Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paint

I like to keep busy and progressing toward a goal. Currently the biggest goal in my life is to start a family and be a mom. I have been working diligently on that goal the past few years with fertility tests and treatments and now adoption paperwork and training. Well, with our interviews being in two days and that being all we have left of our part of the approval process, my mind and subconscious keeps looking for something to do. I can't go around town "advertising" our adoption with hanging fliers and such until our home study is complete so I kind of feel like I am in a holding pattern. I am in a transition period in a lot of ways.

My focus has seemed to transition to the nursery. While we aren't ready to actually turn the kids room into a nursery, for many reasons, I do think I am ready to start working on the transformation. First step, PAINT! I am not a huge fan of painting, but I am excited to paint the nursery. Of course all you secret paint lovers are more than welcome to help! What do you think of these colors? Yes, I know it is really hard to tell from a picture on a blog on a computer. I have the samples in my purse if you want to see! I went to Home Depot to start browsing paint chips. I knew going there that I wanted a light grey. Other than that I wasn't sure. I didn't think it would be too difficulty, said the colorblind person trying to distinguish from a billion slightly different shades of every color in the rainbow. : ) I don't know what I was thinking. However, there was a kind lady working there to whom I laid out my story and she graciously helped me. She said they had just done a room in their house using these colors, and "it feels like eternity when you walk in." When she showed me the colors they were perfect! Now, that could change tomorrow, lol, especially because I have a hard time making decisions and Justin doesn't seem to have an opinion. We will see. I will show these around and see what people thing. Fun!




I have met some of the most amazing women through our infertility journey. I simply love them. Some of them have "graduated" and moved on from our infertility support group because they are expecting! I am so happy for them. I went to a baby shower for one of my dear friends on Saturday. She is having identical twin girl. Also, one of our friends just had her little girl two weeks ago. I made these barrettes for them. Aren't they cute?!? Now, if I could only figure out what to do for the ones having boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment