Monday, August 5, 2013

Ready To Go


Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I was waiting to hear back on our Bishop's Recommendation, and then I had a really busy weekend.

First off I want to send a giant shout out to Patricia Feenstra for sponsoring a puzzle piece! All the donors so far have been from my wonderful friends on babyandbump.com. Over the past year I have gotten to know these wonderful ladies as we struggle through infertility and trying to start a family. I have been so blessed to have found them and I am amazed at the love and generosity they have show me even though we have never met face to face. Thank you so much!

This weekend was an eventful one. It was so nice to make progress in our adoption paperwork. Our caseworker got back from vacation on Thursday so I thought I was going to hear about our bishop's recommendation then because it was emailed on Saturday July 27th. However, when I spoke with our caseworker he couldn't find the email. After emails and phone calls back and forth between all three parties around 4:30 pm Friday Joe told us that he got the paperwork from our Bishop and he did recommend us! Yay! That was the first huddle! Now this morning I am paying the $1000 application/homestudy fee and then we will get the phase 2 paperwork in the mail. Also, that means we can start our online training this week. That will be $350. I can't believe all the money we have fundraised will be gone, just like that! It still amazes me how much everything costs. I know it is so worth it and I am excited to keep moving down this path.

For those of you that don't know, Justin has gotten notice at work that he is getting layed off. His last day will be the 30th of this month. That has been tough on him. He isn't looking forward to saying good bye to all the friends he has made at work, and it will be really tough with only my paycheck. However, we are really excited that he is going to have the opportunity to go to school full time. He is hoping to finish his degree in two years. If this adoption really takes two years it will be really good timing. Of course we would be more than happy for it to take less time, and we will work it all out. We know God has a plan for us, and he is looking out for us. As long as we are trying to do our best, everything will work. out.

Also, I have another piece of exciting news, I ordered the puzzle! The puzzle for our puzzle fundraiser will be here in about 10 days! I can't wait to take a picture for you all to see, and I will be updating pics of the progress as pieces are sponsored. I will update a picture for every 100 pieces. I am so excited for this wonderful piece of art and history and love to hang in the nursery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment