Saturday, July 20, 2013

Orientation

Thursday I got a text that we got mail at our PO Box. I was so excited to get our first donation there! However, when we got there it was junk mail. Ugh! That was a little bit of a let down. It was nice to have a little outing together though.

Yesterday was our Orientation Interview at LDS Family Services! I was so nervous. Justin kept telling me there is no need to be nervous. I still don't know that there is nothing to be nervous about, but I am excited to get started on the paperwork and the process. We did get the phase one paperwork. I already have most of it done. Once I do the person we are working with will send our references their letters to fill out. Then we pay our application fee and get started on our home study. Also, we have online training we have to do before our home study. That will take about 14 hours so we want to get started on that as well.

We do know the time it is going to take to adopt varies a lot from couple to couple, however we did ask what the average time is. He said he would say two years. However they do have a couple that had been waiting for going on five years. What this all means is that we really need your help. The best way for us to find our baby is with your help. Please keep you eyes and ear peeled for anyone that might be looking into placing their baby. Spread the word around so others know you know someone who is hoping to adopt. I know we have great friends out there and you guys will be great!

Off to work on our paperwork! Have a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment