Sunday, June 23, 2013

Success!


Our garage sale was the first garage sale we have even had. I had no idea how much work it would be. We started organizing the things we would be selling Friday night. My sister Stephanie brought her boys over and we got to work. After a few hours my sisters Kaylynn and Kendra came over to help as well. We took a much needed break for pizza dinner and swimming fun!
I love being able to spend time with my nephews and can't wait until our kids are able to play with them too. Family times is my favorite thing to do.

Bright and early Saturday morning Justin and I started pulling everything out of the garage. At 9am the sprinklers decided to go off. I was not happy the the HOA planned and 8 am garage sale and didn't turn the sprinklers off. The grass was soaked as was two thirds of the driveway. Luckily the sun came out and things dried up rather quickly.
After some very generous friends, and a lot of community members we were able to raise $670! We are a tenth of the way to our application costs! We also met some neighbors just down the street who are currently adopting from the country we are looking into. They were so helpful giving us a realistic look at what adopting from the country currently looks like. We look forward to getting to know them better at the street 4th of July BBQ and being able to share with people going through this same process. I have already been able to see God's hands in this process. We feel so blessed to have Him guiding this process and bringing all of the wonderful people into our lives. We truly can't wait to share this with our children.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your success! You're on your way!

    ReplyDelete